Way off topic, Microsoft keyboard.

Hi - I realize that this has little, if anything to do with killifish, but most of you know a great deal more about computers that I do, so if you will indulge me, I have a question about Microsoft's new keyboard. I was sent one of these new (?) Microsoft Office Keyboards from Microsoft. For free, I think. Apparently I got it as a consolation prize for attending their seminar called Microsoft's Big Day. If anyone has an opportunity to attend one of these seminars, don't. It's a free seminar, but it's a rip-off. If anyone would like an explanation for this comment, contact me off list and I will explain.
 Now then, my question is has anyone used one of these things and will installing it screw up my machine the way that downloading some of Microsoft's upgrades did? That little  disaster has been driving me nuts. My son-in-law spent about half of this past weekend working on this machine to get it straightened out and it still isn't completely back to normal.
  My apologies to anyone that is annoyed that I would ask this question on the killifish list, but I just couldn't think of a better group to ask.
Regards, Dan Nielsen