Skinny Notho females

Hi All,

      Question. What could cause Notho females to begin to get thin to
concave? They are in a community of 5 males and 10 females. The water is soft
and mildly acid. There are tons of plants in the 30 gallon tank. Fish are fed
live daphnia, live blackworms, live baby brine shrimp, live adult brine
shrimp, some live mosquito larvae, frozen bloodworms and frozen adult brine
shrimp. The blackworms, baby brine and daphnia seem to be the favs but the
adults never eat a lot. Until this week, the females stayed plump to average,
but now are thinning out. The males are plump. These are symoensi. I
collected eggs recently and the peat seemed full of eggs. (I breed using 3
containers of peat in the big tank). The temperature runs on the high side --
between 77 and 82F, but in Texas in the summer that's how it is without tons
of air conditioning. I have Fun. batesii and arnoldi doing just fine at those
temps. Water is changed weekly up to 75%. The tank has one large box filter.
The tank is on the bottom shelf of an iron stand. The fish are 5 to 6 months
old. The strain throws a few adult onset bellysliders and the size of adults
ranges from average to big in both males and females. Any ideas? I have lost
two females and don't want to loose more. I raised the fish and they have
never had tank mates. They have spent all their adult life in this tank (4
months so far.)

Robert Ellermann