Re: TDS meter

George & Melanie Caruso wrote:
> I just purchased a HANNA Primo TDS meter. It seems like a nice unit
> although I can't compare it to anything as this is the first TDS meter I
> have ever owned. It measures in ppm. One thing the instructions did not
> mention was how often you should use the calibration solution in
> calibrating the unit. Is this something that should be done prior to
> every test you do or is it something you do occasionally?
> Any shared info is greatly appreciated.

pH meters are notorious for drifting out of calibration. I think they
came out with tds meters just to prove that it didn't need to happen.

Actually, the conductivity being measured for tds equivalent is much
less touchy than the porous glass Voltaic cell for the pH systems. I
have never found any need to recheck my tds meters. They work until I
crash them.

Wright

"The right of self-government does not comprehend the government of others."
                                 -- Thos. Jefferson --

That's what Independence Day is all about, isn't it? <www.self-gov.org>