Re: Bettas

TFH republished Lucas' betta book too. I believe the text is the same with added pictures and captions. From the Lucas column in FAMA I believe he wanted TFH to delete an addition made to his text over his objection in the first publication of the book. They didn't, so as I remember the column, it explained why the added bit of betta lore about covering fry tanks with plastic was  lore and not fact.

----- Original Message -----
From: RuevenM at aol_com
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:09 AM
To: killietalk at aka_org
Subject: Bettas

Hi Turtle,

     Robert Goldstein's new book on Bettas is excellent. It is called BETTAS
and is put out by Barron's. For a detailed work on breeding Betta splendens
the old Pet Library book ENJOY YOUR BETTAS by the great Gene Wolfsheimer is
still a jewel and a sure fire step-by-step approach. TFH publishes Gene's
book now but I do not know if they changed the text at all. I doubt it.

Robert