Re: Fungus on eggs

Hello Chris,

Nitrofurazone and furazolidinone are antimicrobials, and furazolidinone
is also an antiprotozoal, used in veterinary medicine. Their solution is
yellow.  They are listed as ACTIVE ingredients.

The solution probably contains also methylene blue, which DOES stain
eggs blue. Usually only infertile eggs get stained in a dilute solution
of methylene blue.

Best,

George