Re: More musing on water change.

 Well Wright, I have a well so I do 100% water changes and leave the fish flopping on the bottom of the tanks for a very short time. When it's mouth brooding Tropheus maybe a little longer than a short time since I check for mouthfuls of mature fry.

I also agree 100% with your 25% idea if the variables of chlorine and chloramine are added in. My son a few blocks from me has a hard time raising daphnia unless he uses only old tank water with them. He has city water and I think that's the difference. When still a kid at home, he raised lots of daphnia in his bedroom until he found out that there was "always" plenty of daphnia in my cultures.