Re: Spell checker

Al Anderson wrote:
> Is there an easy way too add the KMI list to the spell checker?

Generic answer is probably no.

Do you want it to handle the collection locations? ;-) They are all in
the Huber Killi-Data ("dead-tree" version) AFAIK. Codes are in the
Langton "Collections" booklet.

Basically, you must reduce it from the tables it is organized in, now,
to a simple list of text words. The method from there may be dependent
on your particular e-mail editor and spelling "dictionary" and will vary
from one to the other a bit.

Good luck,

Wright

PS. As I recall, Dr. Thuan Nguyen did the entry lists for our WCW
software and there were a *lot* of exceptions from KMI 4 needed to
handle new species, "sp. affinis" descriptions, etc. I was amazed at how
much trouble he (and before him, the late Al Castro) had trying to get
it right!

"The right of self-government does not comprehend the government of others."
                                 -- Thos. Jefferson --

That's what Independence Day is all about, isn't it? <www.self-gov.org>