Fungus on eggs

I just acquired my first killifish eggs through the mail, and was told to use Acriflavin in the water to keep them from getting fungus. I have searched and searched but can't find anywhere to buy it from! So I bought Jungle brand Fungus clear. Will this work? AND, I have also heard that the dye some of the chemicals use can actually dye, and harden the eggs to a point where the fish can not even break free! Is this true?! And if so, what should I do?