[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Killie Revue 2002
Just a reminder to all our friends out there -
Killie Revue 2002 is coming, August 31-September 1, Xenia, Ohio. Mark your calendar and plan to join us for the usual killie fun and show. We'll have Jim Robinson (CKA) talking on SA Annuals, Dave Koran (AKA Chairman) discussing natives, and Friedrich Bitter (Germany), topic to be determined.
Flier with complete details follows.
We hope to see you there!
The Greater Cincinnati Killifish Association Announces
Killie Revue 2002
August 31-September 1, 2002
Holiday Inn, Xenia, Ohio
300 Xenia Towne Square, Xenia, Ohio 45385 (937) 372-9921
Fourteen Classes: 1. New World Non-Annuals (except Rivulus); 2. New World Annuals;
3. Rivulus; 4. Nothobranchius and Fundulosoma; 5. Fundulopanchax (except Paraphyosemion);
6. Fundulopanchax (Paraphyosemion); 7. Mesoaphyosemion (calliurum types);
8. Mesoaphyosemion (all other types); 9. Chromaphyosemion; 10. Archiaphyosemion;
11. All Other Aphyosemions; 12. Epiplatys; 13. All Other Old World; 14. Matched Breeding Pairs.
Saturday, August 31
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Fishroom open, entries accepted for show.
1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Speakers/Workshops
5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Social hour
6:30 p.m. - Banquet
8:00 p.m. - Banquet speaker
Sunday, September 1
8:00 a.m. - Bagging of fish for auction.
12:00 noon - Presentation of awards, followed by auction.
Please note: Box sales will be allowed all day Saturday. No box sales on Sunday, please.
SHOW LOCATION - Xenia Holiday Inn, 300 Xenia Towne Square, Xenia, Ohio; telephone (937) 372-9921. Room rate is $69.00/double. Be certain to mention Killie Revue when making reservations. Virtual tour of the hotel is available at www.showhotel.com/holiday/4538501/.
Directions: Xenia is located northeast of Cincinnati, and between Columbus and Dayton. The hotel is on the corner of West Church and West Main Streets in downtown Xenia. From Rt. I-70 take Rt. 68 south into Xenia; at the Courthouse turn west (right) onto Rt. 35 (West Main Street). From I-75 take Rt. 35 east toward Xenia on the business branch. From either route, the hotel is at the third stoplight.
Local/regional Attractions Include: Dayton: Dayton Institute of Art, U.S. Air Force Museum, Sunwatch Indian Village. Columbus: COSI (Columbus Museum of Science and Industry), Columbus Zoo; Wyandotte Lake. Cincinnati: Cincinnati Zoo, Cincinnati Natural History/Historical Museum; Kings' Island.
**BANQUET**: There will be a banquet Saturday evening at 6:30 (social hour begins at 5:30), at the Holiday Inn. Menu: Choice of entrée (chicken with sundried tomato sauce, or sliced beef), choice of baked or twice-baked potato, salad, beverage, selection of rolls, selection of deserts. Cost is $20.00.
**Reservations for Banquet are Required!
Contact Merle and Gladys Schenk (937) 322-9498, e-mail: glameraviary at hotmail_com.
SPEAKERS: Jim Robinson, Canadian Killifish Association; Friedrich Bitter, Germany; Dr. Dave Koran, Chairman, American Killifish Association.
1. ENTRY FEE is $1.00 per entry, with a maximum of $15.00 per entrant. No entry fee for mail-ins.
2. All entries to be shown in pairs.
3. AKA Judging Standards will be used.
4. ALL ENTRIES to be displayed in pairs in bare one-half or one gallon acrylic tanks supplied by GCKA. Exceptions may be made by approval of the show chairman. Mops, plants, or peat will be allowed for Class 14 (Breeding Pairs) only.
5. ENTRIES MUST BE MADE by 5:00 p.m. Saturday, August 31, and must remain on display until show breakdown Sunday morning.
6. MAIL-IN ENTRIES should be shipped to be received by Friday, August 30. Mail-in entries should be sent to Dave and Bonnie Price, 1659 Commonwealth, Xenia, Ohio 45385. Phone (937) 372-9336, e-mail: killidave at aol_net.
7. AWARDS will be presented prior to the auction on Sunday.
8. AUCTION will be begin Sunday at noon, or as soon as practicable thereafter. All Mail-in entries will be auctioned; Auction-Only items will be accepted until 10:00 a.m. Sunday. Auction split is 60% seller, 40% GCKA.
ALL INQUIRIES should be directed to:
Donna or Tom Recktenwalt
4337 Ridgepath Drive Dayton, Ohio 45424
(937) 236-4789 e-mail: dmrecktenwalt at prodigy_net or thomas_recktenwalt at prodigy_net
Dave or Bonnie Price
1659 Commonwealth Drive
Xenia, Ohio 45385
(937) 372-9336 e-mail: killidave at aol_net
Greater Cincinnati Killifish Association
--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/AKA/Applic.htm