Re: linear piston pumps/Lee's waterchanging topic

Barry writes:
> I am supposed to write an article for a JAKA edition that Lee Harper is
> putting together on water management. He just gave me an official
reminder.
[Looking forward to it!]
> So, to be brief:
>
> Each of my racks has about 100 gals of water in the tanks. Under each rack
> is a sump holding about 50 gals, with a recirculating system on each rack.
> To do a water change, I pump out the sump and replace the water. All tanks
> are therefore changed in one operation and the slow recirculation makes
any
> changes in water parameters occur gradually in the tanks.

Wow, that's about as painless as you can get! If I had to
change 150 tanks on a weekend using the siphon/bucket
method, I'd be a little depressed. I don't see why that
design wouldn't survive scaling down to a smaller fishroom.Thanks for
sharing, Barry!
Bill
Thanks for sharing