Re: Fresh food for fry?

In a message dated 7/21/02 2:35:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bjc3 at cornell_edu
writes:

<< Hello all,

 I have noticed that occasionally fry have appeared in my tanks and have =
 apparently been eating fish flakes to to the point where they mature and =
 can eat other food.    Also, leaving them with the parents seems to work =
 favorably as long as they have plenty of places to hide.    This is =
 certainly true for some "Mirabilis" I have now.

 This is contrary to the theory that fry need live food and should be in =
 separate tanks.   Does anyone have thoughts on that?   Does it only work =
 for certain species?  >>

My thought is that the fry are grazing on infusoria growing natually in your
tank.

Larry Tagrin