now daphnia

I   think that is why my system for daphnia/moina works.  The regular (every
day or every other day) water changes replenish which ever it is that
maintains the pH, CaCO3, total hardness, etc.  My tap water is dead soft,
acid and has almost no TDS out of the tap. It is ditch water from the
watershed, which is already filtered through mosses, ferns, and other
tannin, cation exchange substrates. I wonder if I can push it more if I add
more oystershells to the green water production tubs?
MTF

snip
> carbonate content. It is simplified in the water report and even more
> simplified in my reference to the point of being confusing. The end
result,
> however, may be the reason my daphnia only just hangs on and my red
Ramshorn