Re: linear piston pumps

just comment -- 80 watts seems a bit too much for 3  x 8-gallon tanks.
My choice would be
1 or 2 30" or 30-watt bulbs or even 2 15-watt  bulbs.   You can also try
a shop light using only one of the 40 watt bulbs.  Try it to see before
you spend a great deal of money.   My experience is that you can build
the 15-watt fixtures using plastic guttering and ballast obtained from
the home depot for next to nothing.   Good Luck.

Gary In St. Louis

 I want to build several 14x12x11 high