Re: Green water, mosquitos, daphnia update

I have never been able to grow enough green algae to
sustain large amounts of daphnia.  So, I supplement with
Brewers Yeast.  Even with an Eastern exposure and the
stronger Sun at 10,000 ft altitude in Quito, I still need
to supplement.  However I have been playing lately with
using a mixture of green water to hatch out my BBS. So far
I am impressed.  The shrimp seem to last longer and are
more vigorous and the I can only speculate about the
nutritional benefit to the fish from having some green in
their diet.