RE: A (Chromaphyosemion) sp. Mile 29, also dark substrate

Careful Bill, railroad right-of-ways used to be sprayed with herbicedes and
I think still are.

-----Original Message-----
From: William Ruyle [mailto:forest at copper_net]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 8:04 AM
To: killietalk at aka_org
Subject: Re: A (Chromaphyosemion) sp. Mile 29, also dark substrate

Lee, I too, took a look at the image....that's a nice, dark and sultry
substrate...do you have an idea as to what it is?
When I set up my tanks in Huntsville I want to darken  the substrate more
than what I have in the past. Is smashing up a bunch a lava rock a good idea
or are the sharp, jagged edges going to be a problem? I was thinking of
pushing them down in the sand/Profile mix I've used before. Or maybe go
along the railroad tracks (at night of
course) and "acquire" some basalt chips. Curious as to
what the list uses for a dark substrate, when they use one
at all.
Bill
forest at copper_net