RE: Mike Reed's NOBS food

I remember asking Mike for some samples to distribute at
the AKA National two years ago.  His response - sorry I
don't have any samples for you.  He lost my business right
there.
For my youngins, even down here in Ecuador, I use the
bottom contents of my daphnia tubs.  I have found that even
small and delicate fry like magnificus and alternatus and
others do extremely well on the snail droppings and
bacteria and baby daphnia at the bottom of the tubs. I just
redid my tubs this morning and this time I used rolled
newspaper to elevate three sides of the tubs so that the
droppings gravatate towards one end and that is where my
airline tube rests so that the uneaten brewers yeast will
recirculate more easily.  I have my tubs sitting inside
facing the East so they get all the light necessary for
algae production.  I have found that one can never have
enough snails in a tub and in fact, the snail population
explodes in a short time in a brewers yeast environment.
I don't want to discourge anyone from trying Mike's or
anyone else's new products.  Trying new things is they way
we progress.  For me, I have found that a prospering
daphnia tub is worth its weight in gold!

P.S.  The Rivulus that I collected in Coca are doing well.
I have a few eggs of the Riv. erberi that are due to hatch
very soon.  I think I am having trouble coaxing more eggs
from these guys because my water is harder than they are
used to in the wild (0 hardness in Coca).  I am hoping to
go to Puyo in a few weeks to collect some different Riv's
on my semester break...

P.S.S. Oh how I wish I had brought another can of BSE's
with me.

JoeB