Sony D770 on e-bay

An inexperienced seller has lumped way too many goodies in one ad on
e-bay, so a potential bargain is hovering there. Check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1364171861&ssPageName=ADME:B:DS:US:3

[Get that URL all back on one line if your e-mail splits it.]

Everything one might need for good fish photography and for fish field
work is here in one package. [I might add a cheap hot-shoe extension
cable for the flash, a tripod and some CF memory.]

With less than a day left to go, the current bid is less than what I had
to spend on just the accessories that I have, similar to this ad. [I
still don't have the external flash battery, either. Wish I did]

A 2X tele-extender is great for field work (I rarely remove mine -- 1.5X
-- in the desert) and the close-up lenses let you do better macros than
a Nikon 99x.

The flash is generally accepted as the best for the D770, and the other
filters are useful (tho *circular* polarizer is not really needed --
linear works fine).

IMO, this is potentially a nice deal for someone who wants to get into
serious digital fish photography for less than $1000 in equipment. use
good judgement tho. It looks a possible bargain because the seller is a
novice. IDK if that is good or bad. :-)

The camera can be obtained for $500 or less, but price the accessories
and see what they would add. For fish photos you need a good flash, more
memory (than original 8M) and (probably) close-up lens set. You also
must have a UV or daylight filter to protect your lens. Polarizer is
vital for outdoor water shots.

Wright

"The right of self-government does not comprehend the government of others."
                                 -- Thos. Jefferson --

That's what Independence Day is all about, isn't it? <www.self-gov.org>