Re: history of killies

"Kill..." comes from a Dutch word for creek or stream. It appears in
many place names from New England to Ireland.

Most of what you want can be found at the aka site at www.aka.org. Check
it out {and get back to us when you find I was way off base on this
guess). :-)

[Be sure to check the links and some of the affiliate pages, too.]

You won't find too much technical there, but discovery was a really
technical decision about what constituted *Cyprinodontidae*. Killifish
probably were "defined" more than discovered.

Wright

susanne cole wrote:

> I have been raising Killies for about 2 years now and i was wondering
> if anyone could give me some information on killies, like who discovered
> them and why their called killifish. Nothing very technical please.
>
> 	Eric
> 	Former KillieKid,AKA,GCKA,CAFE

"The right of self-government does not comprehend the government of others."
                                 -- Thos. Jefferson --

That's what Independence Day is all about, isn't it? <www.self-gov.org>