Re: Mike Reed's NOBS food

I tend to agree with Larry about this. I subscribed to the newsletter for
a while and then asked to be removed. I had an email discussion with Mike
and suggested that he send samples to some of the local killie clubs, if
it works as well as his web site proclaims, he'd get a lot of sales from
that. His response was that he was selling it as fast as he could produce
it and didn't need the extra business. That's when the little voice kicked
in and said "if it sounds too good to be true . . ."

I really wish someone I knew and trusted would jump in and say "that NOBS
is great, it really works as Mike claims", I'd be happy to overlook a
little arrogance for a great product.

It was useful to read the information about the product and adapt the
method for my own use. I currently use a spice/coffee grinder to pulverize
whatever type of pellet food I'm feeding the adults. Then I take a pinch
and rub it lightly between my fingers, letting the larger pieces drop back
into the container. The fine dust that adheres to my fingers is then
dusted onto the surface for small, surface feeding fry (Epiplatys and
White Clouds, currently). This is a fast way to get in an extra feeding
each day with little chance of FFS (fuzzy food syndrome, when the excess
lays on the bottom) due to the small quantity of food actually used.
Actually dipping your finger in the water to submerge the particles
probably works well for fry that are lower in the water column, but I
have only used that for Xenopus tadpoles.

Dennis