Re: DYING RED RAMS HORN SNAILS

Stoecker,Michael,FRANKLIN PARK,NC&C wrote:

> Hi,
> Anyone notice that red rams horn snails kept with killies die off in some
> tanks and not in others?

Yep.

> Is it the species of killifish that is causing this?  Are they picking on
> the snails?  I keep no other fish besides killies.

Under the circumstances you list, that's the likely cause.

> The water chemistry, maintenance and food [to the killies] are all the same.
> Plant species vary slightly from tank to tank.  Tank size seems to make no
> difference.
> Any suggestions or experiences?

I have had considerably more trouble keeping the red ramshorns than the
normal brown. I guess red just looks more like food!

Wright

"All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots,
and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity."
                                 -- Mark Twain --

Now Justice Stevens and a majority of the Supreme Court join them!