Re: Storing leftover silicone sealant

On 2 Jul 2002, at 9:55, Dennis W Heltzel wrote:

> I figure someone who understands exactly how this stuff cures has
> figured out a magic formula for stopping the curing process and
> extending the life.

As the acetic acid evaporates the sealant sets... How to stop this I
don't know but you can slow it down by keeping it in the fridge or
freezer. Give it a try, I would like to know if it works.

Sealing the tube tightly would also help as the silicon must have
access to the air.

Regards

Tyrone Genade
tgenade at sun_ac.za
http://www.tyronegenade.0catch.com

P450 Lab, Biochemistry Department
University of Stellenbosch, 7602, South Africa
Ph: +27-021-808-5876, fax: +27-021-808-5863