[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: KillieTalk Digest V3 #1983
- To: KillieTalk at aka_org
- Subject: Re: KillieTalk Digest V3 #1983
- From: larry-jones at webtv_net (Larry Jones)
- Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:57:48 -0600 (CST)
- In-Reply-To: Owner-KillieTalk at AKA_Org (KillieTalk Digest)'s message of Sat,9 Mar 2002 15:28:02 -0500 (EST)
aphids and duckweed
as far as duckweed goes, i pretty much have it under control, but it has
taken eight years to do it. i still net out a plant or two when i'm
cleaning tanks. yes, i have read that lady bugs
like to eat aphids. maybe northern illinois lady bugs are too high class
for my aphids, or maybe they are not aphids. in any case, the lady bugs
will sneak into the house in the fall, but no decline in "aphid"
population. also, i have a wife who is not too pleased to have either
aphids or lady bugs in the house.
i have been thinking of floating a small styrofoam saucer with some
attractant, syrupy goo that would do the same thing that flypaper does
to houseflies. any ideas?
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/AKA/Applic.htm