[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New fish
The following anecdote supports this.
I hate to jump in and be pedantic, but single anecdotes don't support
anything. The differences could be caused by anything that wasn't
controlled for, which, in the case of a single example, means anything. As
a matter of principle, more examples are better.
Now, having said that, I always measure TDS and pH of shipping water and
then use peat filtered water, baking soda, tap water and Epsom salt to
generate water that's slightly more alkaline with a slightly higher TDS to
put the fish into. I've not lost any fish in acclimation since I've started
doing somewhat faster acclimations (a couple of hours or two). I also will
do the "add a half cup of water every half hour until the volume is tripled"
method with success. I've also done the 24 hour drip method, but I lost too
many clown loaches, rams and cardinal tetras, so I changed to a faster
acclimation. But then again, I changed LFSs in the meantime, so who knows
what that means.
Still, I'm willing to go with the collective experience and do careful
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe