AquaBid.com

First, all of this "to do it online or not" problems are going on in the ACA
also.  No solutions over there either.

Anyone can contact a seller on AquaBid.com (by clicking on Ask Seller A
Question) and advise the seller of a misspelled name and location problem.
The seller can correct the title or add a comment to the description
correcting it. Personally, I think this is better than someone just
correcting it automatically.

This also gives you the opportunity to tell them about the AKA if they are
not a member.

Regards
Mark Barnett  - AKA 07148 Life

Fish Link Central
FishBookStore.com
Fish Link Exchange
AquaBid.com
FishForums.com
AquaRank.com

> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:22:28 -0500
> From: Doug Karpa-Wilson <dkarpawi at indiana_edu>
> Subject: Re: Aqubid / Killie Trader
>
> I agree that error correction would be good, but as you point out there is
> no error correction mechanism for anything for the FEL now.  Perhaps the
> solution is to offer to do error correcting for the killies at aquabid,
> rather than 1) setting up a parallel mechanism to duplicate the effort or
> 2) ignoring the majority who appreciate the speed of a webbased solution.
> Mark Barnett who runs aquabid is an AKA member (who else would think to
> have a killie section on their site) and I'm sure he'd be amenable to
> having a group of volunteers rotate duty to go through twice a week and
> correct whatever errors they see.  Most auctions last 5 days or so, to
> going in twice a week would give whoever it is a look at every auction.
If
> there were a group of four people doing it, they'd have to look through
the
> listings twice a month, total.  Just a thought.
>
> Doug
>

> >HI Doug;
> >      The only problem I see with Aquabid is that if you look at it
> >regularly you will see many misspelled names and locations. I checked
> >earlier and I found one that was a definite error. There is enough
trouble
> >with wrong names now. For example,
> >at a show I attended recently there was a pair of Riv. Tripticali.
Ooops,
> >they were Riv. Cryptocallus.. To me, species maintenance (hate to bring
> >that up again) means carrying the correct names for those species we are
> >trying to maintain.
> >

> >Larry   AKA 07801
> >

> >At 09:47 PM 4/20/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >>Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:07:02 -0500
> >>From: Doug Karpa-Wilson <dkarpawi at indiana_edu>
> >>Subject: RE: Membership Conservation Committee
> >>
> >>If folks want to have an online version of the FEL use aquabid or
> >>killietrader instead of the FEL.  I'm not sure why we'd have to reinvent
> >>the wheel.
> >>
> >>Doug
> >>
> >>Doug Karpa-Wilson
> >>Department of Biology                                    1821 S. Maxwell
St.