[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RE: Water tanks
- To: KillieTalk at aka_org
- Subject: Re: RE: Water tanks
- From: Charles n Sue Harrison <csharrison at primary_net>
- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 13:15:32 -0600
- In-Reply-To: <200011051734.MAA26717 at actwin_com>
- References: <200011051734.MAA26717 at actwin_com>
A word about materials of construction,
Vinyl plastics leach vinyl chloride and their DOP
plasticizers. The plastic items made from polyethylene and
polypropylene, both high and low density are not plasticized. Vinyl
chloride makes hydrochloric acid in water. Down goes the pH. Same
problem with leaving food uneaten it the tank, pH drops . . . NH3 ?
don't think so . . .
Those white PE drums are approved for food stuffs and ingredients.
Look on the bottom of the container for a triangle with LDPE or HDPE.
These items are safe to store food and other things (Fish, etc. ) in
them. If there is no mold mark, rub a little fingernail polish
remover on the surface. If there is no effect it is safe.
Back to change some more water . . .
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe