[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mops where to get ????? you gotta make 'em
KI>I hope your weekend was good. One question where can a person get the
KI>breeding mops i called all my lfs nadda so im seeing if someone online knows
KI>of a outlet.
Mops are rather a specialty item. As far as I know, most people make
their own. It's not too difficult a task--all you are doing is making a
tassel. If you want a permanently floating mop, you can add a
polystyrene ball inside the top part of the tassel (saves time with not
having to fish mops off the bottom with some species). I use whatever
dark colored (usually green) yarn is on sale.
Here's how I make them:
1. Wrap yarn 20 to 30 rimes around a clipboard. Depending on the size of
your tanks you can either go across or the long way.
2. Cut yarn and cut another piece about 6 " long.
3. Use 6" piece to tie all wraps together at one point. Tie it tightly!
4. Slip all wraps off clipboard.
5. Cut another 6" piece of yarn.
6. Use this short piece to tie around the wraps about an inch below the
first tie. This makes the head of the tassel.
7. Cut thread loops. Shake out.
8. Place completed tassel in tank.
There are probably better directions for this in the AKA Beginner's
Guide. You might also check out the AKA website. Hope this helps.
in mosquito infested Ohio
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe