i'm new on the list and i live in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. i'm
wondering if anybody knows of any store that sells killie fish around
Richmond or Vancouver (nothing in Aquarium Warehouse (big al's) here
in Richmond. they only sell indian lamp eye killie fish for under
CDN$4.00). i saw a picture of Epiplatys (Ep.?) ansorgii "Ngounie"
and Epiplatys azureus "Tapeta" and considering buying either one
of these (or both). my questions are :
1. how much do they cost? where can i get them? mail order? anybody
2. how big can they get?
3. can i put them in the same tank (a pair of each "species (?)" or 2
males [1 male of each species])? is this a good idea?
4. how big should the tank be and how many can i put?
5. can i put them in a community tank with tetras?
6. what temperature and ph the water should be? how often should i chage
7. what kind of plants are suited for these killie fish? what is a frog
so sorry if i have so many questions. i'm just starting on this hobby and
still on the learning process. i just thought of asking first before buying
since i've heard killie fish are quite expensive.
thanks for being patient with us "newbies".
ps. i'm not ready to breed them (if i get them) but want them in my 25g