Fwd: Outline of AKA Publications

-- BEGIN included message

Barry,
    This is being sent direct to you with a copy also to Killietalk so those
on line who are interested will have it.  Several weeks ago you asked for a
list of publications I had compiled.  Because of some unverified information
I have been hesitant to release it.  I wanted it to be complete and
indisputable, However others have asked for it so here it is with a few
inaccuracies. I have deleted all miscellaneous and special publications as
well as an index of articles contained in Killienotes and JAKA I have
completed for 1962 through 1985
    When I started this two years ago had hoped to gather Xerox copies I did
not have, Index them and have it published.  At the same I have been
compiling a complete History of The AKA using Klee's 1970 History as a basis.
 Since gathering publications of the sixties is equivalent to ramming your
into a stone wall I am about ready to quit.  Of a few Charter Members and
former Librarians contacted only one Charter Member furnished material to me.
 He knows who he is and I am sure of him reading this, So I want him to know
I am very grateful for the two AKA Newsletters of 1963 and the six Journals
he copied for me.

                         OUTLINE OF AKA PUBLICATIONS

         KILLIENOTES

1962 Vol 1 No 1 February
                 No 2 March/April

                 No 3 May/June
                 No 4 July/Aug
                 No 5 Sept/Oct,
                 No 6 Nov/Dec                                       AKA
NEWSLETTER
1963 Vol 2 No 1 Winter Issue
                 No 2 Spring Issue                      First Issue 8
February 1963 Unnumbered
                 No 3 Summer Issue                   Not sure but believe
there were eight
                 No 4 Fall Issue                          issues yearly for
the first four years
1964       DISCONTINUED                           Have no information for 1964
1965                                                          No
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
1966                                                          No
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
1967     Killienotes Resumed                          No
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
1968 Vol 1 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12      No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

    For the only time in the history of the AKA in 1968 we had three
publications 'i.e.`Killienotes, AKA Newsletter, and JAKA. The Newsletter was
discontinued after 1968 with Business News and the Fish and Egg Listing being
incorporated in Killienotes.  I have not been able to obtain any of the 1968
Killienotes or a 1969 Roster.  My question here is was this roster printed in
Killie notes or separately as it has been since 1970.  With the exception of
the Charter Roster the Rosters were attached to the Newsletters and bore the
previous years date because only paid up members as of December were listed.
Now back to the list with the old or original JAKA being shown to the right
of Killienotes which will in 1974 become JAKA with Killienotes causing an
overlap in the two Journals.

                                                          JAKA

                                                         1964 Vol 1 No 1
Spring, 2 Summer, 3 Fall
                                                         1965 Vol 2 No 1
Spring, 2 Fall, 3 Winter
                                                         1966 Vol 3 No 1
Spring, 2 Summer, 3 Winter
            KILLIENOTES                         1967 Vol 4 No 1 Spring, 2
Summer, 3 Fall
                                                         1968 Vol 5 No 1
Spring, 2 Fall
1969 Vol 2 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12       Vol 6 No 1 Spring, 2 Summer
1969 Vol 3 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12       Vol 7 No 1 Spring, 2 Fall
1970 Vol 4 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12       Vol 8 No 1 Winter
1971 Vol 5 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12              JAKA Discontinued
1972 Vol 5 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
1973 Vol 6 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
1974 Vol 7 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12        Killienotes name was changed
1975 Vol 8 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,      JAKA with Killienotes with the
January
1976 Vol 9 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12       1974 issue.
1977 Vol 10 No 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10               In September of 1977 the
Business                                                                 1978
Vol 11 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            Newsletter with the Fish and
Egg
1979 Vol 12 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            Listing was removed
from the Journal
1980 Vol 13 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            and printed monthly
while the Journal
1981 Vol 14 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            became a bimonthly
issue.  Since this
1982 Vol 15 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            time JAKA and the BNL
have remain-
1983 Vol 16 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            ed basically unchanged.
1984 Vol 17 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1985 Vol 18 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            Special Convention
issues of JAKA
1986 Vol 19 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                            have been omitted
1987 Vol 20 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1988 Vol 21 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1989 Vol 22 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1990 Vol 23 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1990 Vol 24 No 1,2,3,4/6      (4)            Numbers in parentheses represent
number of
1991 Vol 25 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                   issues for the year when two or
three were
1992 Vol 26 No 1,2,3,4,5,6                   combined for a special issue.
1993 Vol 27 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1995 Vol 28 No 1,2,3,4,5/6   (5)
1996 Vol 29 No 1,2,3,4,5,6
1997 Vol 30 No 1,2,3,4,5/6   (5)