Re: Where can I get invert cultures?

I have been fooling around with cultureing Daphnia in 5 gallon plastic
buckets.  Seems to work well given the right amount of space, light, temp,
and access to greenwater (50+ gallons).  I have found that one could set
up a culture in 7 buckets, harvest/change water in 1 bucket a day and have
enough to feed about 3-4 tanks of fish.  I suppose the same could be done
in 55 gallon plastic drum, again in 7 different drums, etc.  Only need
more greenwater.  Same system can be used for moina (but they prefer warm
weather), rotifers (but then you need only 2 buckets and alternate
harvest).  The biggest problem is having enough greenwater (I use goldfish
in a well lit tank + spirulina flakes).  Also trying a similar system in a
150 gallon stock tank.  The daphnia are reproducing big time and they get
fed greenwater, C. Grimes's Baby Sweet Potato solution + spirulina+ALGAMAC
2000, etc.  Looks like they are doing well also.  Can't comment on harvest
yields at this time....

MTF