Re: Notho sex change

Forgive me for not having all of the details correct but this is an
interesting story so I'll retell it as best I can.  Several years ago, Ginny
Eckstein (Famous Catfish Person) had a large pair of what I think were some
kind of rare Central American Cichlid.  They had spawned and eventually the
male killed the female.  Sometime after the females death (I think about 6
months) the MALE decided to spawn with himself and laid eggs.  Fertile eggs!
They hatched and Ginny was no longer short on females.

It really happened.  No kidding.

Wouldn't it be nice if our Killies could perform that little trick?

Chris Graseck
Mahopac NY