Re: NFC: Colecting trip

Yep Plains Topminnow....Good call Klaus!!....BTW I sent out NFC pens
today to 15 or so of you...If they are a hit I'll buy 1,000 or so and we
can Have Joe T , Paul Sachs and any other proffessionalls distribute them
for free with products they sell along with haveing them as
outreach/awards tools for local volunteers

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:55:46 +0000 klaus.schoening at jungle_org writes:
> -> Hmm...  I don't have my "Fishes of Missouri" here at work (where I
> do my
> -> e-mail) so could you please translate fundulus sciaticus into its
>
> -> Missouri form?
>
> some juvenile cardinal, pilsbryi or zonistius (cardinal, duskystipe,
> or
> bleeding shiner) which ever one of the three closely related forms
> occurs in the area.
>

> Fundulus sciaticus is the Plains Topminnow I think, it has a rather
> dull
> body with metallic blue/green highlights and the males have red in
> the
> fins.   There is also a Plains killifish but it has bars on the
> flanks.

Robert Rice
All Men are equal until the point of exertion
 http://www.nativefish.org