NFC: Re: Fundulus chrysotus eggs

From: Segeberger <klaus.schoening at jungle_org>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 1999 3:55 AM
Subject: NFC: Fundulus chrysotus eggs

> I am looking forward to seeing the melanistic chrysotus eggs to see if
> the developing fry look any different.

They look identical.  My melanistic chrysotus young are about 15 mm now and
still show no color.
Did I mention that they are pigs!!  Incidentally, I didn't have a single egg
(out of 7) that didn't hatch.  Young ate newly hatched Salt Lake brine
shrimp (http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com)immediately after they hatched.
When newly hatched they relished microworms but after about 10 days seem to
prefer floating or swimming foods and don't forage on the bottom.  They also
eat crushed flake food with gusto.
I have also noted that the adult Fundulus chrysotus seem fond of hair algae.
I have an abundance of it from my pond, and I place a tuft in their tank
every couple of days.

Follow-Ups: References: