Re: NFC: Minnow Trap

Chris Hedemark wrote:

> Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering..My minnow trap when i bought it had some styofoam squares
> > in it. Are these needed. They were loose and fell right out. I though maybe
> > these were for it wouldnt collapse during shipping. Also are the minnow
> > traps suppose to float?
>
> They sometimes have spacers like this in the store which you just pop
> out before use.
>
> The minnow traps sink like a brick.  snip...

Unless you are trying to get surface-feeding fish, like damnbusia and even
mollies. In that situation, a few blocks of styro can be kept as storage
spacers, and then left in to keep the traps floating near the surface.

Wright

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.

Follow-Ups: References: