Re: NFC: NFC server (techie computer geek stuff)

I would have concerns about the reliability of this system, epecially
with a Cyrix CPU (anybody for fried eggs?).  And keep in mind that
the actual clock rate of a Cyrix is considerably lower than the
model number would have you believe.  I am highly suspicious of
PC100 memory that cheap too.  The rest is in line.

> (prices rounded to nearest whole dollar)
> 128MB SDRAM (PC100) - $130
> 100MHz AT motherboard - $75
> Cyrix M2/300MHz CPU - $50
> Pentium cooling fan - $6
> 8.6GB hard disk - $160
> Mid-tower case - $30
> SVGA video - $25
> 100Mbps Ethernet - $20
>
> Subtotal - $496
Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Follow-Ups: References: