From: "Chris Scharpf" <cdscharpf at wbdoner_com>
To: robertrice at juno_com
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 11:41:58 -0400
Subject: re: FWD: CROSS POSTS

Robert,

If you may please forward this to the NFC list, as I am not subscribed to
it.

Robert Rice wrote:

> I have been informed by a list member that the NANFA list is no longer
takeing
>emails that have both NANFA and NFC in the to column.

This is not true. What may be happening is that the NANFA list is
bouncing back posts from people who are not subscribed to it. In order
for a person's post to appear on the NANFA list, that person must be
subscribed to it.

>So please send your cross posts seperatly so as to avoid a bounce.

This is good advice, for even if the sender is subscribed to both lists,
problems occur when someone who is not a member of both lists replies,
and his or her email program send the reply to both lists.

(Isn't the information age fun?)

>So please respect their rules and do NOT post to both lists !

There is no such rule. But I do know our list maintainer has asked people
not to crosspost to avoid the bounces and the extra work it creates. This
request is not intended to discriminate against NFC or deprive NANFA
members from the benefit of useful info on NFC.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clear this up.

Chris Scharpf