NFC: Range info on Natives

I am not sure when the text for the Audubon and Petersons guides was written
and from what sources they draw thier info, but, I have found at least 2
species in South Florida outside thier stated range. Elassoma evergladei and
Fundulus confluentus, the Elassoma are supposed to only be as far south as
the Lake, however I have sampled them as far south as freshwater here goes
from the Glades. F. confluentus isn't even mentioned in the Petersons'
Freshwater Guide but is in the Coastal Fishes Guide as a brackish/salt fish
yet, in reality, I have sampled it throughout the Everglades in completely
freshwater. So, although the guides we use are a wonderful base line to pull
info from, they are not completely acurate, at least with respect to the
range of these fish. Just an observation.  : )
BTW, the waters I've mentioned here are natural, as far as they can be after
the Army Corp's interferance, and not the canals where most my fishing is
done.
          Daryl