Re: NANFA-- Re: NFC: A Rallying Cry.......

Moontanman at aol_com wrote:

> Robert, you hit the nail on the head. The bad part is that wildlife agencies
> seem to be unconcerned and really don't want to hear about anything that steps
> outside their paradigm. I apologize to all those wild life people who do care
> but you seem to be few and far between. I spent the whole summer trying to do
> something and was more or less brushed off because of my lack of credentials.
> I am on the verge of giving up, it takes up so much of my energy that I have
> so little of. We need to work together is easy to say but difficult to do.

Here are 3 links about the issue of frog mutations and some of the responses to
understand the issue.

http://www.phillynews.com/inquirer/99/Feb/25/national/FROG25.htm

This quote comes from the above article:

"We're going to involve the public as part of a larger solution," said Sam Droege,
a U.S. Geological Survey research biologist. He formerly directed an
8,000-volunteer network of bird-watchers and will oversee the froggers. "In no way
can we do it all ourselves."

http://www.frogweb.gov/
http://www.npsc.nbs.gov/narcam

This sounds like a step in the right direction.  Maybe the fisheries people will
see the success of the birders and froggers and enlist our help, too.  Would we be
fishers?

Dave