NFC: amano

Is any of our people on the, I think it's the nature aquarium list? They are
promoting a guy called Amano and the planted tanks he designs. Unbelievably
costly mud, floating plants held down by netting, High tech (read that hi
priced) support that puts my marine tanks to shame. I think his tanks are
about as natural looking as Florescent pink gravel with Day-Glo purple plants.
I've been following this and it is really disturbing to see this being touted
as the most beautiful planted tanks in the world. I guess I just had to get
this off my chest, but why in the world do people follow this man like he is a
guru?

                                                                           Moo