Re: Fw: Daphnia stuff from the web.........

CEFCHURCH at aol_com wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I'm sure you are keeping track of what works and what doesn't regarding
> Daphnia.
>
> I've never tried Daphnia before - when I decide to give it a go, can you help
> get me started?  Or should I go ahead and get started now before cold weather?
> Is it like white worms, you can keep a culture going (theoretically) forever?

I once had a culture which started accidentally from the eggs from some frozen
daphnia I got at a pet store.  Kept 'em in a styrofoam cooler and fed 'em yeast.
--

Prost,

Martin

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade
"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Visit Greater American Freshwater Resources (GAFFeRs) at
http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes