Re: Positive Influence (was Re: NFC freebie for Sept.....)

Well Said  ! Takeing a kid collecting  is a very nobel thing to do !!

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:48:54 -0500 "Warren H.Lund Jr."
<phishhed at acadiacom_net> writes:
>Hi Norm,
>   I think that it is very admirable that you at least gave it a try.
>definitely wouldn't consider it a failure, you helped give a child a
>memory
>that will stay with him for the rest of his life, especially during a
>very
>trying and confusing time in his life.  Something touches me deep
>inside
>evert time I see the joy a child experiences when he or she catches a
>fish.
>They don't care how big or what kind, they only know that they've
>accomplished something special.  By being a part of that experience,
>you can
>help show them how to be a caring, conservation-minded, responsible
>sportsman.  To this day, I still remember everyone that took a little
>time
>out of their busy lives to spend time with me and help nurture and
>develop
>my interests in fish and fishing.
>   The purpose of our kid's rodeo (Jr. Sportsman's Day) is to try to
>provide
>an outing for the entire family and to help teach the kids the true
>meaning
>of conservation and sportsmanship.  We have a fishing rodeo with many
>different age classes and trophies for first, second and third in each
>class, plus specialty trophies.  We give out over thirty trophies, and
>these
>are trophies that even any adult would be proud to receive.  The
>smallest is
>usually about 12" and the tallest (for King  and Queen Fishers)
>topping out
>at almost three feet !  We have various speakers and demonstrations as
>our
>entertainment.  We feed the kids, and their families, lunch which
>usually
>consists of hot dogs and chilli, corn-on-the-cob, jambalaya, chips,
>drinks
>and desserts.  Every child walks away, a winner.  Before the event
>ends, we
>give each and every child a "diddy-bag" full of small gifts, fishing
>equipment (lures, etc.) and various literature, plus they get a large
>gift
>such as a rod and reel, tackle box, scoop net or a miriad of other
>really
>nice prizes.  The attendance is usually over 200 kids, PLUS their
>families !
>How can we do all of this ?  Through the generous donations of local
>merchants and businesses (both large and small) and the extremely hard
>work
>of a  hardcore group of dedicated individuals.  We have been doing
>this for
>many years now, but in the beginning our experiences were similar to
>yours.
> [...]

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com
website  http:\\nativefish.interspeed.net\

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]