Re: More questions on the Exotic Removal Program

Although the Atlas of North American Freshwater Fishes is not the last word
an the subject it lists the Mexican tetra as being native to Southwest TX
and New Mexico and as being introduced in other places in TX as well as OK
& LA.  Plecos have been introduced in FL, NV, CA & TX.  The so called
"walking" catfish is all over S.FL. Guppies in NV, AZ, TX, FL, & CA.
Mollies in CA, AZ, NV & MT!  Platties and Swords in CA, AZ, MT, & NV.  The
Pike killie or Belonesox (a livebearer  I believe) in S.  FL.  Medaka in
NJ(NY?).  Cichlids in CA, AZ, NV, NM, TX, OK, & FL (Oscars in various
places including IL).  Two killies in CA (according to Moyle's Inland
Fishes of California) Rivulus harti and Cynolebias bellottii.... not an
exhaustive look at exotics but a quick overview.

Dave Hall