Feeding natives??

Well with dip net in hand I have managed to catch a couple of fishes that I
didn't know were in our lake. I have lived on the Tennessee River all my
life and I am always finding out something new.  Now that I have identified
them I need to know it they are worth keeping and if so what to feed them?

First one I assume is pretty common,

 Mosquitofish -- Gambudia afinis
    These appear to be eating ground up flake food all ready.

Brook Silverside -- Labiesthes siccuulus
    While not very colorful he sure is a neat looking fish. If they are
suitable as a community fish I would like to keep some of these.

Tell me anything you can about these fish! Peterson's makes it easy to
identify but tells nothing about there diet and breeding habits. All these
are young fish too.

Jeff <*\\><
"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds
on the heel that has crushed it" Mark Twain
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"