Re: No Subject

Love it Darryl..................... once caught, once bought I assumed
applys to both sport fisherman and aquarist ?

Needs a little touch up but that is a very nice peice you clearly spell
out your message in a way folks understand, colorfull and honest
sounding. I'd love to see the whole series put into a shorty article.....

The save a Native Eat an Oscar line has potential as our first slogan on
bumper stickers or pens... :)

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:07:48 EDT Phylesis at aol_com writes:
>Hey guys, here is a series I was working on, any input welcome   :)
>  BTW
>Herb are you getting any of these e-mails from me as I keep getting
>failed e-
>mail messages on what I've sent you?
>

>Once caught, Once bought, NEVER Returned to the Wild
>
>			     What is that, what does it mean?
>		This phrase is one of the ideals that serves as
>	a foundation for the philosophies behind the NFC and
>it's membership. It is a message we want to give to everyone, most of
>all,
>enthusiasts in sportfishing and aquaria. But, what does it mean? Read
>on and
>learn why.
>		ONCE CAUGHT
>	You just put your line in the water and BANG you get your
>first hit, the
>fight begins. You reel, he runs,and you reel some more, he runs, and
>so on.
>As you get your quarry close you scoop em up in the net.
>Ahh, a large mouth bass, must be 4lbs. which will grow within a few
>short
>hours to 8lbs. when you tell your buds over a cold one. You gently
>unhook
>while admiring the olive greens and release him for another day. You
>have just
>engaged in active conservation, Bravo.
>	You rebait and toss the line out again and BANG, another hit.
>This one though
>fiesty comes more quickly to your net. Damn, another one of them
>Oscars.
>Pretty little beast though and you unhook and toss em back. OOOOPS
>Perhaps
>you just didn't consider that this fish doesn't belong here. Perhaps
>your not
>aware it takes the space and food that would have been a there for
>bass.
>Perhaps you didn't notice that SHE was laiden with young on the verge
>of
>birth. Her young will now contribute to the infestation and the
>struggle
>continues.
>     Any non-indigenous species relaesed to the wild costitutes a
>potential
>threat to the native species there. They do not populate and live side
>by side
>with the  indigenous native populations, they become the populations.
>Exotics,
>especially cichlids, which are extraordinarilly aggressive,take the
>place of
>natives as they win the competition for food and space.
>		In Florida, these exotic pests infest almost every
>body of fresh water here
>and in some areas they are the only visible fish of thier size.
>		So when you catch one, keep em. Toss em to the shore
>or even on ice and fry
>em up for dinner. But Never, Return them, to the wild.
>					Save a native, Eat an Oscar.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]