Re: H. formosa

robert a rice wrote:

> Usually it is not a problem IF they have adequete food...In their
> case
> they were a bit hungry Id put some mosquito larvae or frozen
> bloodworms
> in there and things should settle down...So have the little red
> spots on
> the dorsal fin showed up yet >>>?
>
> On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:45:10 -0500 Terry Mercer
> <tmercer at wichita_infi.net> writes:
> >Robert,
> >
> >The H. formosa arrived about three hours ago and they are all
> happily
> >(?)
> >swimming around in their new home. Have already had two fry (well,
> not
> >me
> >personally, but you get the idea!).
> >
> >Which brings me to my question: everything I read on H. formosa
> >indicated
> >that adults eating the fry was not a problem. However, I have one
> very
> >active little male that consumed one fry in the twinkling of an
> eye,
> >and
> >chased the other back into the heavy Java Moss. Do you reckon this
> is
> >result of the stress of shipping? Can I anticipate that he will
> settle
> >down
> >and become a more typical papa...or should I move him to another
> tank?
> >
> >Thanks again.
> >
> >Terry
> >

> _
> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

   RR

    Received my H. Formosa today. They are all alive and doing well.
I put them in a tank full of  Najas and with all of the rain we have
plenty of mosquito larvae to start them eating. The wife was surprised
at the size of the box.
  I hope to have some raised in time to sell in our auction in
September.

     Thanks again,
     Bill Flowers