Re: proposed aquarium Suggestions and comments NEEDED badly

Let me add my two cents worth.  Personally, I'd lose the Bass.  They get
big fast.  (I tried it once so I know)  I'd keep the 'gills and the
catfish.  Have you considered a Bullhead?  I kept one in  a tank for over
a year and it did very well.  You might also double check the laws
concerning the possesion of Game Fish in your aquarium in your state.  If
you go with the Bass, I would recommend starting it on feeder goldfish.
Every other day to every third day seems sufficient if you feed it untill
it's full.  (not unusual to have a tail or two sticking out their mouths
when there done...)  I would personally avoid bait store fish as they seem
to have a lot more diseases...although feeders aren't always much better.
A bullhead might do better with a Bass as they seem to like to hide in the
rocks more than some other 'cats'.  Once whatever you have it eating,
slowly convert it over to 'pellets' by dropping in a few after feeding it
a single feeder at a time.  This has always helped me.  Once they get
their feeding frenzy up, they generally start to hit anything that breaks
the water surface.  It takes a few weeks though to get them trained so be
patient.  The bluegills would probably do better in that size of tank and
you could feed them with much less "mess" on bloodworms, tubifex and
pelleted food.  Good Luck!

Luke McClurg