Re: proposed aquarium Suggestions and comments NEEDED badly

This tank could get a little crowded.  You can do it for a while until the
fish start to grow.  High temps will lead to high aggression.  High temps
will also diminish the carrying capacity of what may become a crowded tank.
I feed Doromin sticks.  You should be able to get all of those fish to eat
them.  The bass may take some training.  Get him used to eating things that
are dropped onto the surface of the water.  Competition from the bluegills
may be a problem.  The bas will eat bugs, worms, shrimp and crayfish too.
The catfish will eat anything.

>Hi
>I want to set up a tank in the fall so I am planning it now.
>Here is what I want to do:
>40 gallon tank
>a small mouth bass probably 6" when I catch it
>a few (2-3) sunfish probably bluegill. small (3-4") where I catch them
>a catfish starting about 5 inches
>natural gravel washed and checked for phosphates and bleeching
>some natural stones also checked and some store bought wood( too much
>hassle)
>
>I live in sacramento area california it gets pretty hot in the summer
>like 105 degrees.  will this cause temp problems???
>I intend to grow worms for the gills and have a tank with breeding
>feeder fish for the bass?  or is there a better way to feed the bass????
>catfish will get liver etcetera beef hearts?
>

>please send thoughts comments constructive criticism and past
>experiences to : carson at 2xtreme_net
>
>Thanks Alot!!!!

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
to use "the Net" and he won't bother you for weeks.