Re: Fw: questions on natives

Hi Norm and Teri.
   You might want to try some killifish.  Other than that, aside from
other minnows (which I presume he's restricting to dace-type fishes) I
can't think of too much that'll stay up towards the top.  Alternatively,
he may want to try increasing the number of minnows in the tank.  The more
there are, the more likely thaey are to shaol together, and actively swim,
which he may be looking for.  My guess is he only has two or three of each
species.  Also, try adding some current for them to swim in, and varying
diet.  If their being fed flakes at basically the same tiems ever day,
they have no need to swim.  They just loaf up to the top of the tank and
gets ome food.  Fishes learn from this sort of thing, though cyprininds
arne't exactly famed for intteligence.  Adding live foods to their diet
should do wonders, as well sa brighten them up a bit.
<><
J. L. Wiegert
NANF List Manager
Come CHat At Something Fishy.