"Jay DeLong" <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>: Re: NANFA-- Re: Place to purchase game fish for aquarium

From: "Jay DeLong" <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>
To: Schwalee at aol_com
Cc: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Re: Place to purchase game fish for aquarium
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 20:09:44 +0000

Lee asked:
> >    I would like to know if a catalog or company exists where I can
> >order a young largemouth, pike, small mouth, yellow perch?
>
> Try asking local bait dealers or NANFAs trading
> post...........................

> > I am
> >looking for more variety and options.  Any help or suggestions would
> >be great.  Thanks
> >Lee

Try your state's fisheries or game department.  Many folks contact
these agencies to locate fish suppliers for stocking lakes and ponds.
 In most Midwestern states there are ample suppliers, including some
state hatcheries.  If you're loking for a few fish for an aquarium,
then these suppliers may require a minimum order.  In any event, they
don't ship fish, but truck them, so perhaps you could visit such a
hatchery with a fish container and work out something with them
personally.

Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org