From: bbn at ld0301_NFWF.ORG
To: robertrice at juno_com (robert a rice)
Subject: Re: What's Going on.
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 14:28:34

Mr. Rice,

Thank you for your continued interest in the BBN program.  I realize that
we
have set some timelines for setting up a partnership with our programs, I
am
still very interested in pursuing those opportunities; highlights in
articles,
membership involvement, etc.. Fortunately or Unfortunately, the BBN
program has
doubled in size this year and yet I still only have two hands? If we are
going
to a create partnership it will have to wait until April (after the
1997-1998
grants are awarded and contracted.) or the heavy lifting is going to have
to be
done by someone else committed to seeing our partnership advance.( read
insert
your name here).  Assuming we are going to move forward on the
partnership we
should consider some goals:

How is this partnership going to benefit the resource?
How is it going to promote both BBN and NANFA?
How do you envision you members assisting projects?

BBN needs new and innovative projects that are on-the-ground.
BBN needs to build a corporate council to promote private investment in
conservation of native aquatic systems.
BBN could use good press and promotion to help with the above needs.

BBN would like to encourage you members to work with FS,BLM,Reclamation
and FWS
to instigate, plan, and apply for BBN project funds.

This is my first line of thought on our partnership.  Please kick them
around
and keep the dialog alive.

Thank you.

Marty Kearns