Re: NFC: Cooler water

I am not sure it will work in anything other than a _very_ low humidity
environment.

In the desert southwest areas where I have visited, they use swamp coolers to
cool homes until it gets really hot and then turn on the more expensive air
conditioners.  I've also seen outdoor restaurants where they have misters
spraying a very fine mist over patrons and it works amazingly well to keep
you cool without getting you wet.

I would also be concerned with undesirable bacterial growth for those of us
in hot and humid environments.

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA

In a message dated 11/17/00 11:25:39 AM US Central Standard Time,
mbinkley at columbus_rr.com writes:

<< At 3:49 PM -0600 11/16/00, Kristine Weisbrod Massin wrote:
 >:) I lived year for a long time before I figured it out.  "swamp box" is
 >what they call evaporative coolers in Denver.  If you haven't ever seen one,
 >they're pretty neat.  A big square box with straw pads on three sides.
 >There is a water resevoir on the bottom.  A pump brings the water up & lets
 >it trickle down through the pads.  A big fan blows out the fourth side--into
 >the house.

 I'd like to figure out how that could be adapted to cool an aquarium.
 Anyone have any ideas? >>